Friday, February 10, 2017

It intrigues me that France, Germany, and Russia retain an interest in the Newspaper Spoon offerings; and I'm always gratified when I get a hit from a Muslim-majority country, since I so often oppose positions taken by Saudi Arabia, in particular its Yemen genocide in which both the United States and Great Britain are complicit; and its support of Salafi Jihadists in Syria.

Russia was Europen at the end of the 19th Century and I continue to think of  it as European.  Dostoyevsky first published The Brothers Karamazov serially, one chapter at a time, in a French monthly magazine.  I can't help but think how powerful Europe would be if Russia were to adopt European values and join the European Union.  I know what many of the obstacles are.  Do any of you see a hope for a n accommodation?

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
73
France
46
Germany
26
Russia
13
Indonesia
3
Brazil
2
Canada
2
Greece
2
Netherlands
2
Philippines
2

No comments: